How can we improve eWAY?

Eway invoices should list merchant fees even it's when taken out by partner bank

Hi everyone,
This affects: Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore
See this article on the matter:
https://go.eway.io/s/article/ka828000000L2LuAAK/eWAY-has-charged-me-for-my-transactions-but-my-invoice-says-there-was-nothing-charged

Basically even though the bank (in our case NAB) is giving the merchant fees directly to eWAY, eWAY should still provide a Tax invoice stating what was charged. The status of each invoice currently says "Paid in Full" but the amount says "AUD 0.00".

The bank does not allow access to internet banking for merchant accounts and so the only way to get this information is to rely on paper bank statements. This is troublesome at best, plus it's 2017 so I don't feel it's necessary to argue the point of having electronic records. Regardless of that, going through bank account statements to work out how much someone is charging you for a service is not a particularly kosher form of accounting when invoices and receipts are a thing they are already implemented well in eWAY for countries where their arrangement with the local bank is different.

Thanks all for reading. I hope this benefits other people.
Cheers,

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MichaelMichael shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark CalderMark Calder commented  · 

This is ridiculous. What is the point of sending an electronic invoice that says $0 and then say you have to contact the bank that doesn't see you as a customer and ask them to send you paper statements - not invoices at $7 a go. Eway just send us the electronic invoice for what was charged. You shouldn't be able to do business in Australia if you don't provide a Tax Invoice for your service.

Feedback and Knowledge Base